Monday, February 21, 2011

Abbey Road - The beginning of a Journey

This animation is practically titled Abbey Road. It is the first part in a three part series of animation that took me most of the semester last year. The total project has over 80 hours invested into it.

The premise is that it is the Beatles walking across abbey road only to be hit by a bus.  I came up with this concept by bouncing ideas off my father when he gave me a ride home from work one day.

Part one is what is called a line animation.  It is just black lines on a white piece of paper.  It is colored in with colored pencil but it is still far from the finished project. Not even all the elements exist yet.  So for now we have the Beatles walking across the road, and then they disappear.  In the next segment we will introduce the bus.

2 comments:

  1. I really want to see this, but I can't press play on the video. I love The Beatles and I've actually been to Abbey Road. Have you been there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. Animations takes up a lot of time to make, especially traditional animation. I like the effect it has with the lines. Great job! I can;t wait to see the finish.

    ReplyDelete