Monday, March 14, 2011

A New Claymation

I have been working on a new animation. It is called The Opening. It documents the story of an old man who needs to setup an art show. Now I don't want to go into any detail at this point because it isn't quite done yet but I have some documentation for you.


As the title suggests this is going to be a claymation.  And inside the figures that get covered in clay is a skeleton called an armature.  Now this one is built out of twisted wire masking tape, and zip ties.  This makes him very strong while maintaining his flexibility.

He stands about 8 inches tall and when he has clothes and clay on him he ends up looking like this
Today I actually started the animation process.  I built him a living room to sit in (you can see the chair in this shot) out of foam and cardboard, and was able to shoot the first 5 seconds.  This animation will end up being about 2 minutes and 30 seconds long.  

Anyway that is just a quick introduction to it.  Next week I'll let you see the third part of Abbey Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment